Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Life. In Pictures. ~The View From Your Front Door~

It is day 3 of Amber's photo challenge and today is a picture of the view from your front door. I enjoy the view from the front door, but I especially love our view from the back. Our house is surrounded by the Loess Hills on the east and south side. Out our front door you can see the neighbors evergreen nursery with rows and rows of mature evergreen trees. Those little house looking things behind all of the trees are little shanty type "huts". I am not really sure what they are or what they are used for, but they look kind of neat. Out our back door the view from our deck is the neighbors field, the Loess Hills and a small view of the Omaha skyline. You can not see it in the picture but to the left of where the picture cuts off you can see the First National and Woodman towers. I enjoy our peacefull view from all angles and look forward to spring when things turn a little more green and the farmers start planting their fields.

Front


Back

9 comments:

  1. Wow...so different from where we live where there are houses upon houses. I like your shots...but I think I'd get lonely :(
    Thanks for sharing! I'd love it if you'd swing by and check out my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, I'm the opposite of iemommy. I could never be lonely out there (I grew up in the country and love my space)! It's a fantastic view of which you are undoubtedly appreciative. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I'd love to live in a more country place than even here. Your view from the front door looks a little like the hills & mountains around here. Your view from the back door looks a lot like my mom's farm in Montana. Your blog doesn't say (or i missed it) where - or what state - are you?

    Thank you for sharing. Now i'm homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great solemn view! So, peaceful!! Wonderful photos. :)
    (fun blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how nice.. these views from everyone are hard to come by in Miami..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both views and the openness you have. We have driven through Omaha several times and I always think it's such a pretty area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your views are great. I like the bluffs in the front and the open-ness in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how everyone's views are so different. I especially love this one!

    ReplyDelete