Friday, March 20, 2009

**Blast From the Past**

I came up with a new idea for a weekly post that I am starting today. Every Friday at Sunrise, Sunset and Everything In Between will be **Blast From the Past**. I will be posting either a story or a picture or both from something in the past years that I don't ever want to forget. Everyone always says that you are supposed to write the funny things down, so I decided to blog about anything that we don't want to forget. So, here is my first Blast From the Past....

When Emily was younger (actually they still do this) Dain and Emily would do "Spirit, All right". This actually started with Dain making fun of me for being a cheerleader in high school (with two girls he is doomed to years of cheer competitions, dance recitals, and basketball half time shows!!) He would always do spirit fingers and say "Spirit, All right" while making a funny face. Then when Emily was old enough he would toss her in the air (early preparationsperations of her being the flyer during stunting) and she started saying spirit all right. It became the name that Emily would call it when she wanted Dain to toss her in the air. She would say "I want to do spirit allright again". Fast forward about a year. Every night we always say a prayer with the kids before they go to bed (Emily calls this "saying Father") This particular night I thought it was time to show her how to sign the cross. I started showing her how to touch her head, heart and then side to side in order. Then I added in the words that go with it and had her repeat after me so that she could begin to memorize it. This is how that went:

Me: "Father"
Emily: "Father"
Me: "Son"
Emily: "Son"
Me: "Holy"
Emily: "Holy"
Me: "Spirit"
Emily: "All right"

Never laughed so hard and I thought Dain and I were going to pee our pants!!

Stay tuned for next Fridays Blast From the Past...

No comments:

Post a Comment